Friday, April 1, 2011

Taking a Friday off

With great gusto and a long to-do list, I took today off.  I'd been on the road so it was a good time to get some much needed "me" time.  Began the morning with a text of my adorable granddaughter at 6:30 am (I think they forgot I was taking the day off) but it started my day with a smile.  I looked at the list and decided to wait until tomorrow - there will always be tomorrow, right?  Met RG for lunch, she always makes me laugh.  She is someone who listens to me vent but then helps me start having fun again.  We went shoe shopping for stylish, comfortable shoes - THERE IS NO SUCH THING !  I have a painful foot and don't want to resort to ugly shoes forever but I think I found two pair I can live with.  They just cost far too much for comfort when I really would rather have Christian Louboutin shoes.  Watched a woman buy over 3k worth of shoes - only 7 pair but they were Jimmy Chou, Paul Green, Tory Burch - get the picture?  I buy Naot and Fudji but if I can get back to walking again, I'll be thrilled. 

Tomorrow is my next chance to conquer the to-do list but oh did it feel great to do almost nothing today!

No comments:

Post a Comment